Saturday, May 5, 2007

Now stepping up to the plate.

So I am kind of freaking out. It is coming time that I need to actually step up to the plate, bite the bullet, and really bear down on some things. I leave for Europe in T minus 5 days... The day after I get back is my 24th birthday and I am moving into my new house that day... I have yet to become certified through River Falls so I can teach... I am being offered a cool new job at Schmitt... and I have no idea what I am going to do!

So Europe! I am so so so so so so excited to get on a plane with Brett, Ryan, and Mike, and spend two weeks bumming around Europe. I just got a new digital camera to record the entire adventure, and a badass new backpack. We have our plane tickets, train tickets, hostels booked, passports, and a general idea of what we are doing. But something is still missing... not sure what I am missing... but I am sure it will all pan out.

The house... oh I cannot tell you how excited I am to move into a house with these guys. I love my parents, I love being around them... but I feel almost like after coming home from college that I see them too much. Not in a bad way, but that I somewhat take them for granted, seeing them everyday, and having them to fall back upon at home. I think our relationship will grow stronger as I move out. I am looking forward to that the most, the getting to know my parents better by not being around them as much... if that makes sense at all.

The birthday... oh what an uneventful birthday this will be. The 24th... at least I can say I have accomplished what I wanted to do by that time. I wanted to be done with college and have a steady job... CHECK! I wanted to be living on my own... CHECK! I wanted to have a general idea of what I am doing in my life... CHEC... wait a second. I know what I want to do but am I doing it? I guess the most important thing is that I am content in doing it.

I wish I could write about my new job opportunity at the company I have been with for almost 9 years now... I'll let you know as soon as I do.

No comments: