Monday, April 23, 2007

And so it was born...

A lot of my really good friends have told me to start a blog over the past couple of months and I figure that what better time to do it... The next couple of months are going to involve a lot of change for me, my family, and my friends.

I guess I will start now and move forward...

I am becoming busy again, which I love and hate. I love it because it means that I have things to do and I am loving doing what I am doing, playing music. I hate it because I don't get to see everyone as much as I would like. I just started rehearsals and shows for FUNNY GIRL at Bloomington Civic Theatre. I love the people there! Especially the brass section, with the exception of a few... oh well though! The actors are a lot of fun and really genuine good people to be around. So I am doing that this week and straight up until I leave for Europe... that's right EUROPE!

So yeah, Brett, Mike, Ryan, and I are leaving on May 11th to go to Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Venice, Florence, and Rome. We will be gone for a couple weeks and backpacking and doing the hostel thing! So so so excited because I get to go to Europe not being on a tour, not needing to be in a certain place at a certain time and getting to compete in beerfest.

Then the day after we get back is my birthday... a very uneventful 24th birthday. The very next day, memorial day, I am moving into my new house! No I didn't buy it... Mike, Ryan, Nick Ingles and I rented a place in Burnsville right by Crystal Lake. It is AWESOME! Big bedrooms for everyone and a big room downstairs for our music studio. We will be having a house warming party sometime in June once we get settled in.

Then once we get settled we are going to start hitting stuff hardcore with the bands. I just joined a funk horn band which is currently called Kronic Funk but we are searching for a new name. The band is an odd collection of people but I am excited to be playing with Dan, Shannon, Jeremy, and Jennings! Have no fear... Judging Ronald is still rocking and partying like always! We just competed in a battle of the bands and didn't win... but we were down a person anyway... hopefully we can start doing a lot more shows in the next couple months.

So that is my life right now... busy as can be... I will post more and be insightful or try to be as I get going on this...

KJK

1 comment:

Mike said...

Welcome to the blog world