Sunday, May 6, 2007

I should wear this.

That famous saying was spoken by Mike as some asshole in a gaudy cowboy outfit sang a friends song at Karoke one night.

I hang out at a hick bar... and I am not a hick. However, the more and more that I go there I am beginning to realize that it really isn't a hick bar. There were two main reasons that I went there a lot. One, my best friend and his brother worked there and I never paid for stuff, and two, I like singing karoke. In my past couple of visits I have realized that it really isn't hick... it is just more random and odd than hick. A couple of my friends would disagree but I think they think it is hick because people sing country songs at karoke... however they just do that because it is way easier to sing country than anything else...

The people here are very odd... there is one guy who is that typical biker guy. HUGE, wears a black leather vest, no shirt underneath, tattoos, chains, and is named COOKIE. There is also a transvestite who calls the bar home, a crack addict who is there way too often, a pregnant girl who drinks and smokes more than I care to talk about, and three people who take karoke way way way too serious. Some people would say... damn that is fucked up and I don't ever want to go there... but that is the exact reason why I go. It is so random and so odd that there is never a boring night.

In short, I will show up there every once and a while... play bocce ball in the back of the bar... oh yeah, they have a bocce court in the back of the bar, sing some karoke, drink for free, and party the night away. God bless Caspers.

4 comments:

Mike said...

So people show up in cowboy costumes and sing country Karoke? Sounds like a hick bar.

Brett said...

I think Mike and I represent the majority of those who were mentioned that disagreed that Caspers is a "hick bar".

It is.

I still like going there on occasion though. Something different.

Of course it helps if we sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart".

KJ said...

Personally I don't think we are ones to decide what is a hick bar and what isn't... we did all grow up in Apple Valley/Eagan Area... oh well though... agree to disagree.

Brett said...

Yeah, but there are hicks in Mankato, Eau Claire and River Falls...especailly Mankato.

They went to different bars then I did. It was pretty obvious which bars were hick bars and which ones were college bars in Mankato.

Agree to disagree indeed. Haha.