Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Turning Point?

Wow... so I have no written on here in a while and I feel like I should probably get some things out...

I completely realized today... I hate my job. Not the entirety of it, just the part where I have to go to Schmitt Music. I love the part of going to hang out with teachers and being the person they can count on to help them make their program better. But the second I go to Schmitt Music I find myself getting somewhat depressed and sad realizing that I have to work for people whom I don't respect. I love my co-workers and I feel absolutely horrible that I cannot be the person they can come to with problems because I can't solve the problems for them. I used to be the one who they could come to and I would bring it up for them as a co-worker but ever since I got my promotion I can't do that because it just creates drama. I am not the only one who feels this way at schmitt. There are way too many over qualified people being paid not enough money who work there. That being said I am currently looking for a new job... this is unbenounced to anyone at Schmitt but I think that it is something that I need. I need a change after almost 10 years of the same boring job. I talked to one of my former co-workers and friends, Joe. He works for a cool side of Best Buy corporate where they deal with institutions and government establishments... I am going to apply for that. Hopefully something will work out that I can leave Schmitt on a good basis and move on to a better place with more room for advancement and better incentives. That being said there are a lot of other things going really well right now. I am starting to work out more... I joined the Y and Mike and I are going a few nights a week and playing basketball and then I go and run after work. I really want to get back in shape so that I dont get exhausted after a 3 hour band show.

Any ideas of cool places to work? let me know... I am looking...

1 comment:

SK said...

taiwan is a good place to work....